Thursday, January 5, 2017

Today was a snow day, so at least we had late start but I was still one of the unlucky souls to actually come to school today.
I wrote this for the assignment in creative writing today and I kind of liked how it turned out. So. . . yay I guess and that is why I'm putting it here.

Imitation Metaphor poem
You are the fish in the pond,
The red dress and high heels
        -McHailee Danner

Quote: When it rains look for rainbows and when it is dark look for stars.

You are the fish in the pond,
The red dress and high heels.
You are the wind whistling through the air
And the trees that sway to its call.
You are the pure white snow on the trees
And the shimmering icicles that cascade down the branches.

However, you are not the sturdy bridge,
The sun setting over the ocean
Or the kiss in the rain.
You are not the flowers wilting in the vase
Or the lavender scented bath.
Definitely not the lavender scented bath.

It is possible that you are a mouse in it’s whole,
Or maybe the hawk awaiting a command,
But you are not, in any way
The stiffness of black and white.

Look closely and you will see,
That you are neither the golden boots,
Or the imagination of someone else.

In contrast, I am the waves rocking the boat
And the moon illuminating the night.
I am a calm morning sky,
And a thundering winter storm.

I am also the tree branches breaking,
The birds chirping you awake,
And the lemon scented air.

I happen to be the blind man’s cane,
And the shepherd’s dog.
But I am not the fish in the pond.
You are still the fish in the pond.
You will forever be the fish in pond,

As well as the red dress and- amazingly- the high heels. 

1 comment: