Ghost Story
Everything is different. It has been this way ever since I woke up on the other side. I speak different, I act different and I walk different, in fact I don’t walk at all, I drift, or float some would call it. I guess the nice thing about it is I can finally go through walls without running into them and hurting myself, although I still sometimes get stuck. I guess you might have already guessed it, but I’m a ghost. Some of you might be weirded out, others think it’s totally cool and some scream in panic and horror. Don’t worry, I’m not that kind of ghost. I’m friendly, like Casper, but not really. . . I have my tricks, and I love messing with people. I make things fall on the floor every now and then so you are constantly picking up. I may yell a single “HA!” as I’m trying to contain my laughter. I may jiggle the door handle while you are trying to go to the restroom. I will hide your favorite shirt that I know you are looking for and then, when you aren’t looking, I’ll hang it in the most obvious place so when you see it you’ll think you’re crazy. Every day I’ll move a few objects slightly to the right so when you walk in you feel like something is off but you can’t quite put your finger on it. Some days I’ll even go as far as rearranging your furniture so that when you walk in you think you are in the wrong house. It’s always so funny! You may hear me laughing in the middle of the night, but only because my friend Casper is over and telling me a funny joke. Now tricks aren’t all I’m good for, I can be helpful too, like sometimes cleaning the apartment when you are away or writing inspirational messages on your mirror while it’s all fogged up, just a little thank you for tolerating me and keeping me as your roommate. Take it from me, being a ghost isn’t all that bad, If I had known what it would be like on the other side, I would have died a long time ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment